The notes can now be downloaded from this page.
The notes focus only on the 1C opening, and are very detailed, with a particularly extensive section on dealing with interference.
A few things that make our version different from other Polish Club variants such as WJ05 are:
- All balanced hands without a 5-card suit in the 12-14 HCP range are opened 1C.
- Not all 18+ HCP hands are opened 1C: some are opened 1D or 1H instead.
- The 2C and 2D responses to 1C are not forcing; we have artificial sequences to deal with game-forcing minor-suit hands.
- The 1NT response to 1C is invitational.
- After an overcall, we use a mixture of natural bids and transfers by responder.
- There are many other artificial sequences, both in an uncontested auction and in competition, including frequent use of opener's diamond rebids as artificial.
Some of the reasons for these things have already been discussed in this blog. I might write about a few of the other ideas at some point.